Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions provides online access to the following resources during enrollment with the University (for Alumni access, see the Alumni Services page, link on left):
- PubMed – Sponsored by the National Library of Medicine. To see the links to RMUoHP resources, always access through the LRC webpage.
- MedlinePlus.gov is a medical database featuring authoritative information related to health issues, medical articles, extensive information on drugs, an illustrated medical encyclopedia, interactive patient tutorials, and latest health news.
Ovid is a service that allows you to search multiple databases at once. Through OVID we also offer access to the LWW Nursing and Health Professions Premier Collection, Ovid’s Biomedical Collection IV, and Spine. These sources offer over 289 full-text journals.
ComDisDome is an indexing and abstracting tool covering the communications disorders literature, with focus on speech-language pathology and audiology.
EBSCO is a discovery service that allows you to search multiple databases at once. Through EBSCO we offer 13 databases:
- CINAHL Complete – Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature Plus contain nursing journals and publications from the National League for Nursing, and the American Nurses’ Association.
- EBMR (Evidenced Based Medicine Review)
- Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials is a bibliographic database of definitive controlled trials.
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews is produced by the Cochrane Collaboration, an international network of individuals and institutions committed to preparing, maintaining, and disseminating systematic reviews of the effects of health care.
- Cochrane Methodology Register is a database of studies relevant to the methods of systematic reviews of healthcare and social interventions.
- Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects (DARE) is a full text database containing critical assessments of systematic reviews from a variety of medical journals.
- NHS Economic Evaluation Database – Contains over 17,000 records of quality assessed economic evaluations.
- Health Technology Assessments brings together details on ongoing health technology assessments.
- Education Research Complete. This is the full-text version of ERIC, an online library of education research and information, sponsored by the Institute of Education Sciences (IES) of the U.S. Department of Education.
- HaPI – Health and Psychosocial Instruments provides ready access to information on measurement instruments in the health fields, psychosocial sciences,and organizational behavior.
- Medline Complete is a full-text database providing access to top-tier biomedical and health journals
- PsycINFO is a world-class resource for abstracts and citation of behavioral and social science research with more than 4 million bibliogrpahic records.
- PsycTESTS is an unparalleled resource for psychological measures, scales, and instrumentation tools with about 2,200 records.
- SPORTDiscus – This database is the premier source of literature for sports and sports medicine journals, providing full-text content from many well-known and respected sources.
Thieme Teaching Assistant: Anatomy features thousands of illustrations and clinical images.
AccessMedicine (Restricted Access)
AccessMedicine, from McGraw-Hill Medical, is a comprehensive online medical resource that provides a complete spectrum of knowledge from the best minds in medicine, with essential information accessible anywhere.
DynaMed Plus (Restricted Access)
DynaMed Plus provides clinicians with the ideal blend of evidence and expertise to help them determine optimal patient care paths.
UpToDate (Restricted Access)
UpToDate® is an evidence-based, physician-authored clinical decision support resource which clinicians trust to make the right point-of-care decisions. More than 6,500 world-renowned physician authors, editors, and peer reviewers use a rigorous editorial process to synthesize the most recent medical information into trusted, evidence-based recommendations that are proven to improve patient care and quality.
Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions’ library staff want to help you with your information needs.
If you experience any difficulties please contact us.
Ashley Bassett at 801-734-6820 or [email protected]
Karen Newmeyer at 385-375-8361 or [email protected]
Send Interlibrary Loan requests to: [email protected]. Please include as much information as possible with your requests.