This page contains general information regarding helpful writing resources, including websites, textbooks, documents, and software.
Visit our Writing Center at rmuohp.edu/writing-center/
Citation Management Software
- APA Guidelines
- AMA Guidelines
- AMA Manual of Style (Online)
- APA 6th ed August 2009
- APA Electronic Sources
- Citing References
- Creating Presentations/PowerPoints
- Editing Your Own Writing
- Fifteen Grammar Goofs That Make You Look Silly
- Nursing Writing for Professional Publication
- Scholarly Writing (PowerPoint)
- Ten Most Common Grammar Errors
- Writing Clearly
- The Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL)
- Introduction to Journal Style Scientific Writing (Bates College)
- Guidelines on Style for Scientific Writing (SportScience)
- RMUoHP’s Dissertation Guidelines
- The Craft of Scientific Writing (Penn State)
- Scientific Writing Booklet (University of Arizona)
- 12 Tips for Scientists Writing (The American Scientist)
- Citation Machine
- Books in Our Collection:
- Writing Case Reports: a How-to Manual for Clinicians, 3rd Edition, by Irene R. McEwen (2009). T 11 W888 2009.
- How to Prepare a Dissertation Proposal: Suggestions for Students in Education and the Social and Behavioral Sciences, by David R. Krathwohl (2005). WZ 345 K89H 2005.
- Surviving Your Dissertation: A Comprehensive Guide to Content and Process, 2nd Edition, by Kjell Erik Rudestam (2001) LB 2369 R83 2001.
- Writing the Qualitative Dissertation: Understanding by Doing, 2nd Edition, by Judith M. Meloy (2002). LB 2369 M38 2001.
- Demystifying Dissertation Writing: A Streamlined Process from Choice of Topic to Final Text, by Peg Boyle Single (2010) LB 2369 S55 2009.
- The Gregg Reference Manual: A Manual of Style, Grammar, Usage, and Formatting, 11th Edition, by William A. Sabin (2011). PE 1479 B 87 S23 2010.
- It was the Best of Sentences, It was the Worst of Sentences: A Writer’s Guide to Crafting Killer Sentences, by June Casagrande (2010). PE 1441 C43 2010.
- The Elements of Style, 4th Edition, by William Struck, E.B. White (1999). PE 1408 S927 2001.
- How to Write a Lot: A Practical Guide to Productive Academic Writing, by Paul J. Silvia (2007). PE 1408 S487 2007.
- Sin and Syntax: How to Craft Wickedly Effective Prose, by Constance Hale (1999). PE 1408 H299 1999.
- The Elephants of Style: A Trunkload of Tips on the Big Issues and Gray Areas of Contemporary American English, by Bill Walsh (2004). PE 2827 W35 2004.
- Writing up Qualitative Research, by Harry F. Wolcott (1990). T 11 W65 1990.
- Writing for Publication in Nursing, by Marilyn H. Oermann (2002). T 11 O29 2002.
- Writing Empirical Research Reports: A Basic Guide for Students of the Social and Behavioral Sciences, 6th Edition, by Fred Pyrczak (2007). WZ 33 S73 2006.
- AMA Manual of Style: A Guide for Authors and Editors, 10th Edition, by Cheryle Iverson (2007). WZ 345 A511 2007.
- Writing Your Journal Article in 12 Weeks: A Guide to Academic Publishing Success, by Wendy Laura Belcher (2009). Z 471 B45 2009.
- The Clinician’s Guide to Medical Writing, by Robert B. Taylor (2005). WZ 345 T245c 2005.
- Scientific Writing: Easy When You Know How, by Jennifer Peat (2002). WZ 345 S398 2002.
- A Writer’s Reference, 4th Edition, by Diana Hacker (1999). WZ 345 H450w 1999.
- Essentials of Writing Biomedical Research Papers, 2nd Edition, by Mimi Zeiger (1999). WZ 345 Z46e 2000.
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th Edition (2010). WZ 345 A76.7p 2010.
- Professional Writing in Speech-Lanuage Pathology and Audiology, 2nd Edition, by Robert Goldfarb (2013).
Some additional Free citation Managers (Unsupported by RMUoHP):
If you experience any difficulties please contact us.
Ashley Bassett at 801-734-6820 or [email protected]
Karen Newmeyer at 385-375-8361 or [email protected]
Send Interlibrary Loan requests to: [email protected]. Please include as much information as possible with your requests.